The Tenth National Vietnamese Women Conference
2nd August 2013
On behalf of the Federation of Vietnamese Women’s Associations in Australia (FVWAA) and the Vietnamese Women’s Association in NSW (VWA/NSW), I would like to inform you that the 20th National Conference of Vietnamese Women in Australia will be held on 2rd August 2013 and proudly hosted by the VWA/NSW. This occasion is also correlated with the VWA/NSW’s celebration of 30 years serving Vietnamese women and their families in NSW.
The theme of the Conference is “Tender Loving Care: A Focus on Aged Care of Vietnamese Community”.
The Conference aims to:
- Identify aged care issues faced by Vietnamese women and their families.
- Inform Vietnamese women and their families about appropriate existing government and non-government services.
- Establish a set of recommendations for service providers for appropriate services strategies in the provision of aged care services to Vietnamese community.
- Celebrate 20th Anniversary of the Federation of Vietnamese Women’s Associations in Australia, and the 30th Anniversary of the Vietnamese Women’s in NSW.
We warmly invite you to attend the following optional activities:
- The Opening of the Conference, to be held at the Mounties Club, 101 Meadow Rd. Mt. Pritchard, NSW, between 8:30am and 2:00pm. Registration fee is $50 for working participant and organisation. It is free for Pensioners and non-working participants. A buffet lunch will be provided between 1pm-2pm. Please see the Conference flyers hereby attached for your further information.
- Vietnamese Workshops on Vietnamese aged care Issues: between 2pm-5pm. These workshops will be conducted in VIETNAMESE LANGUAGE and free for non-working participants.
- The display of information/book stalls of all relevant community services. These stalls will be setting up in the large Conference room between 8:30am and 4pm. An application form for Information Stall Booking is available for those who would like to participate and promote your services on your request. The Stall organisers are required to pay Registration Fee.
- Gala Dinner, at the Liberty Palace Restaurant, 2/256 Chapel Road South, Bankstown between 7pm-12 midnight. The Conference Dinner is open to non conference participants.Tickets/Bookings are available at the VWA/NSW $40/person.
We look forward to hearing from you and thank you for your support.
Therese Le-Dang aka Kim Ngoc Dang
Public Relation Officer of the FVWAA & VWA/NSW